Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- One Fluorite Element & Five UD Elements
- Super Spectra Coating
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Internal Focus, Focus Range Limiter
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 8-Blade Diaphragm
A workhorse of a lens, the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM is an L-series telephoto zoom characterized by its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture and optical image stabilization. The fast maximum aperture affords greater control over depth of field and benefits working in low-light conditions while the Image Stabilizer compensates for four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. As an L-series lens, this 70-200mm also features a sophisticated optical design that uses five ultra-low dispersion elements and one fluorite element to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity. Also, a Super Spectra coating has been applied to help reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color neutrality.
Complementing its optical assets, this 70-200mm f/2.8 also sports a ring-type USM and internal focusing mechanism for quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions and it has a removable rotating tripod collar to benefit working atop a tripod or monopod.
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 112-320mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range and offers notable control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- One fluorite element and five ultra-low dispersion glass elements noticeably reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. In addition to the single-shot standard IS mode, a second mode is also available that it optimized for panning.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges to suit different applications: 3.9′-infinity or 8.2′-infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
There are no reviews yet.